Are you looking to enhance your smile and boost your self-confidence? Teeth whitening might be the solution for you! This safe, effective, and long-lasting process involves whitening your teeth to remove stains and discolorations and restore the natural color of your enamel.
When performed by a professional, the results can be even better than you imagined.
Teeth whitening is the by far one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures. About 67% of American adults have tried to whiten their teeth one way or another. Whether through professional services or at-home remedies like toothpaste and strips, people want a surefire way to make a great first impression and exude confidence.
For those in the area, scheduling a teeth whitening consultation in Richmond at Northside Dental Co can help you learn more about this process.
What Is Zoom Full Teeth Whitening?
Zoom teeth whitening is an in-office cosmetic dental procedure that uses a combination of hydrogen peroxide-based bleaching gel and a specialized UV light to brighten teeth. It’s designed to remove stains and discoloration, providing a whiter and brighter smile.
The Zoom whitening process generally takes about an hour and involves the following steps:
Zoom Teeth Whitening Process
- Preparation: A personalized tray will be made for the whitening gel, and you’ll receive sensitivity toothpaste to use before your whitening appointment.
- Application: One to two weeks after the prep appointment, you’ll start the whitening process in the dental office. First, a teeth whitening dentist will place the custom tray with whitening gel in your mouth. The gel is designed to break down stain molecules and penetrate the enamel to lift away discoloration.
- Activation Next, a specialized UV light is positioned over the teeth to activate the whitening gel. The light helps the gel penetrate the enamel more effectively and accelerates the whitening process. The gel and light treatment usually lasts for three to four 15-minute sessions, with a total treatment time of 45 to 60 minutes.
- Post-treatment: Your dentist will provide instructions for post-whitening care, which may include avoiding certain staining foods and beverages, using your custom tray with whitening gel at home, or returning for a second treatment later in the year.
How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last?
One common question after teeth whitening is, “How long does teeth whitening last?” To maintain your teeth whitening results, follow these tips:
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly and visiting your dentist for check-ups and cleanings.
- Use a whitening toothpaste to help remove surface stains and maintain the brightness of your teeth.
- Limit the consumption of staining beverages (e.g., coffee, wine) or use a straw to minimize contact with your teeth.
- Quit or reduce smoking, as it contributes significantly to tooth discoloration.
- Use your at-home whitening gel to get your teeth up to 8 shades whiter.
- Return for in-office touch-up treatments up to twice a year.
Keep in mind that teeth whitening is not permanent, and the results will gradually fade over time. However, by taking care of your teeth and making lifestyle adjustments, you can help prolong the results and enjoy a brighter smile for an extended period.
How Much Does One-Time Teeth Whitening Cost?
During our teeth whitening consultations in Richmond, VA, people often ask about Zoom Teeth Whitening costs.
The average Zoom teeth whitening cost is $500, while over-the-counter kits range from $15–$400. However, OTC treatments can quickly add up as you’ll need to use them regularly to maintain the desired effect, and they often come with various safety concerns.
It’s important to remember that professional whitening treatments are much more reliable and will last longer than OTC products. Therefore, if you’re looking for a long-term solution, opting for professional treatment is best. Ultimately, your dental health specialist can provide more accurate and detailed cost estimates for your individual requirements.
Request A Teeth Whitening Consultation in Richmond
Are you looking for teeth whitening in Richmond, VA?
Don’t Google “Zoom teeth whitening near me” when you could save time by contacting our team at Northside Dental Co. We’ll work with you to develop a personalized teeth whitening plan that fits your needs.
Our team will explain the various treatments available to achieve your unique oral health and cosmetic goals. If you’re looking for a teeth whitening consultation in Richmond, book your appointment with Northside Dental Co today.