Affordable Dental Implants in Richmond, VA
Are you searching for the strongest and most natural-looking way to replace a missing tooth? At Northside Dental Co. in Richmond, VA, we provide some of the most affordable, professional dental implants Richmond, Virginia has to offer. Give us a call at 804-767-3410 or book an appointment online today!
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Implants are posts (metal “roots”) that are surgically placed in your jaw, where they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth.
They are made of titanium (a strong, lightweight metal) and other materials that are accepted by your body. Many people choose implants to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or to support a full set of dentures.
REPLACING A MISSING TOOTH
Advantages and Disadvantages of Implants
- An implant is the most similar to a natural tooth and often feels more comfortable.
- Nearby teeth remain unchanged and do not have to be involved in the placement procedure.
- They are a good value because they can last a lifetime with good care.
- They may help prevent shrinkage of the jawbone from tooth loss.
- They may fit better and be more comfortable than removable partial dentures.
- They require a surgical procedure to place them.
- Implant placement may take longer and may require more dental visits than other options.
- They may cost more than other treatments that replace missing teeth.
Alternative Options to Dental Implants
- Removable Partial Dentures: A removable partial denture usually has replacement teeth fixed to a metal or plastic base that matches the color of your gums.
- Fixed Bridges: A fixed bridge is a restoration that is permanently cemented into place on natural teeth surrounding one or more missing teeth.
- To read more about the differences between partial dentures and bridges, check out our blog post on the topic.
What to Expect With the Dental Implant Process
Common dental implant questions are, “How long does a dental implant procedure take?” and “What are the dental implant procedure steps?”
The dental implant procedure timeline can vary from patient to patient. If you have a decayed tooth still in place, this will require extraction and bone grafting to ensure your jaw is strong enough before the dental implant procedure.
But once any decayed teeth are removed, and the bone graft has healed, there’s a three-step dental implant process:
Schedule an Appointment for Dental Implants in Richmond, VA Today
At Northside Dental Co, we provide professional and affordable dental implants for anyone looking to replace missing teeth or for more secure dentures. Our trained staff and dentists will ensure that your procedure goes smoothly from start to finish. Give us a call at 804-767-3410 or schedule an appointment online today.