Your smile is often the first thing people notice about you, so taking good care of your teeth can greatly improve first impressions. Psychology continues to show that when we feel better about our smiles, we’re more confident and engaged in life!
Cosmetic dentistry is a specialized branch of oral care focused on improving your smile through treatments like teeth whitening.
Teeth whitening is one of the simplest and most effective ways to improve your smile. It lightens the discoloration of the teeth, making them look brighter and whiter. And of the many options available for whiter teeth, Zoom dental whitening is one of the best methods.
Zoom dental whitening has taken the cosmetic dentistry world by storm with its fast, effective results. But how much does Zoom whitening cost? Does Zoom teeth whitening work? Is Zoom teeth whitening worth it?
In this blog, we discuss everything you need to know about professional teeth whitening.
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Before explaining how to whiten your teeth professionally, why are your teeth discolored in the first place?
- Food and drink: Certain foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, red wine, berries, and sodas, contain pigments that can stain the tooth enamel over time.
- Tobacco use: Smoking or chewing tobacco can lead to yellowing of the teeth due to the nicotine and tar present in these products.
- Poor oral hygiene: Inadequate brushing and flossing can allow plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth, leading to discoloration.
- Aging: As we age, the outer layer of enamel on our teeth naturally wears down, revealing the dentin underneath, which is yellowish in color.
- Dental trauma: If a tooth experiences trauma, such as a severe impact or injury, it may react by forming more dentin, which can darken the tooth.
- Medications: Certain medications can cause tooth discoloration as a side effect.
- Genetics: Some individuals may have a genetic predisposition to tooth discoloration, which can result in naturally darker or yellowish teeth.
Keep in mind that intrinsic stains (those that occur inside the tooth) can be more challenging to whiten than extrinsic ones (those that occur outside of the tooth).
What Is Zoom Dental Whitening?
Various over-the-counter teeth whitening products are available, but nothing compares to the results of professional teeth whitening services. Zoom dental whitening, an in-office treatment, is one of the most popular and effective methods for whitening your teeth. Here’s how it works.
Zoom Teeth Whitening Process
- Preparation: You’ll receive sensitivity toothpaste to use daily for one to two weeks before your whitening appointment while your custom tray is being made.
- Application: The custom tray is placed in your mouth and filled with hydrogen peroxide-based bleaching gel, designed to lift away stains and discoloration.
- Activation: Next, a specialized UV light is positioned over your teeth to activate the gel. The light helps the gel penetrate the enamel more effectively and accelerates the whitening process. The gel and light treatment usually lasts for three to four 15-minute sessions, with a total treatment time of 45 to 60 minutes.
- Maintenance: Your dentist will provide instructions after treatment, which may include avoiding certain staining foods and beverages, using your custom tray with whitening gel at home, or returning for a second treatment later in the year.
Zoom Dental Whitening FAQs
Who Is A Good Candidate For Zoom Dental Whitening?
There are two limitations of Zoom teeth whitening:
- You need to have good oral health
- Tooth-colored restorations (e.g., crowns and fillings) cannot be whitened
What Are The Benefits of Zoom Dental Whitening?
- Fast. In just 90 minutes, you can boast a brighter, whiter smile. Drug store whitening products typically take weeks before showing noticeable results.
- Custom. With Zoom teeth whitening, a qualified dentist can customize your teeth’s whiteness, giving your smile the perfect glow-up.
- Professional. Professional teeth whitening is performed by dentists who will ensure you don’t experience any adverse effects. For example, you may experience gum irritation from at-home whitening products due to poor-fitting trays or improper application because they aren’t customized for your mouth.
Does Zoom Teeth Whitening Work?
Yes, Zoom whitening effectively treats teeth discoloration. While it works wonders, you’ll need to follow your dentist’s post-treatment care instructions to ensure the best results.
How Much Does Zoom Whitening Cost?
Zoom teeth whitening costs $499, making it an affordable option for those looking to get their teeth professionally whitened in record time.
Does Insurance Cover The Cost Of Zoom Teeth Whitening?
Since it’s a cosmetic procedure, many insurance companies don’t cover the costs associated with Zoom teeth whitening.
Is Zoom Teeth Whitening Worth It?
Yes! Patients rave about Zoom dental whitening being the best teeth whitening system. Instead of waiting weeks to see results, you can walk out of the dental office with whiter teeth in an hour.
Schedule Your Zoom Dental Whitening Appointment Today
Now that you know the answer to, “How much does Zoom whitening cost?” along with the other FAQs covered in this blog, book an appointment online today. At Northside Dental Co, our team of dental professionals is committed to helping you achieve your dream smile.
Have more questions about enhancing your smile through Zoom teeth whitening? Call our office at 804-767-3410 to learn more about Zoom whitening in Richmond, VA.